Thursday, December 02, 2010

Scalping

So I had a dream I was being scalped... I was a Native American.

The dream began with me being pinned to the ground by a man. I could feel one knee on my chest and the other on my left arm. He was holding my right arm down with his left. I felt he wanted me to be afraid like my fear would be something he could consume/eat. I told myself I would not scream. And I knew I would be o.k. I could feel the knife scrape its way around the top of my head in about a 5 inch circle directly above my spine. When the hair did not instantly release he slid the knife in between my scalp and my skull from the front to the back and started digging at it in an attempt to remove it. The feeling of the knife scraping against the bone of my skull is something I dont think I will ever forget. Even in the dream it felt very real. He must have taken his trophy or got bored because soon after he just disappeared. I was proud of the fact that I had not showed fear or screamed.

I have had dreams were I was someone else for a years now. I have been male, female, a native american, black, white and several guys that don't look like me. I always somehow feel it is still me. I have even shifted from one appearance to another in the same dream almost like it was a mask or a disguise and I changed appearance to hide.

No comments: