Thursday, October 09, 2008

The bow, the arrow, the goal: Undiverted

Do you ever feel like you missed your chance at something? Well I do. I know that I really have no one to blame but myself. But recently, I let something slip thru my fingers so to speak. Not that it is a big deal but it would have been nice. I guess I just dont really care anymore. Does that make me apathetic or just pathetic? Ha. I guess at some point I may regret it but right now I am just indifferent.

anyway.

Well I leave tomorrow for the coast and I have every intent to sit in the mist and drink hot green tea! Among other things I suppose, but there is something cleansing about the rain, hot tea and a cigarette. At least for the brain. Maybe the spirit too. Weird, how it feels like I am going home. I am even a little nervous. Not about the trip, that is always ok, but about how it will feel to be there and experience where I was and what I left 10 years ago: again. I know it will be different yet somehow the same. Still, I know I can never really return. But it is in my head and it will "feel" right. Perhaps I am just rambling but, the smell is the thing I miss the most. The dampness of the earth. The delicate tendrils of mist on the hills. mmh. Good for the brain... Anyway, so I may be posting I may not I guess it really depends on how I feel and if I am not to busy relaxing. Back soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm...
that e-address still eludes...

Even so...

very good
to finally grab
a slice of time

to follow
another piece
of hwy7
trail

mysterious
twists & turns

a tear
and a smile

new offerings

of inner voices
colors

and fine entertainment.

nice.
like a warm breeze.

looking forward to returning
now & then

Anonymous said...

& cool pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

oh. maybe this IS the elusive email address. hee hee. In any case, re: book, i'll let you know via this address when i next hop on the 97...

Meanwhile, your reading list for the weekend

Peter Mathiessen - African Silences
Bernard Malmud - The Fixer
Paul Hoffman - Wings of Madness
Marc Reisner - Cadillac Desert
Edward Abbey - Beyond the Wall
Nelson Mandela - Long Walk to Freedom
Alexander Solzhenitsyn - The First Circle
George Schaller - The Year of the Gorilla
T Golas - Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment
D Suzuki & P Knutson - Wisdom of the Elders
John Hersey - The Wall
Barry Lopez - Desert Notes (& River Notes)
Carl Sagan - Dragons of Eden
Sidney Poitier - The Measure of a Man
Beryl Markham - Go West with the Night
Jack Kerouac - On the Road
Gabriel Garcia Marquez- General & his Labyrinth
Ian Douglas-Hamilton - Among the Elephants
Peter Mathiessen - The Snow Leopard
Send Rain Clouds - Native American stories
Anthony Burgess - Clockwork Orange
The Wilderness of John Muir
Hunter Thompson - Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
Farley Mowat - People of the Deer
Edward Abbey - Desert Solitaire
Jack Kerouac - Book of Dreams
Edward Abbey - A Voice Crying in the Wilderness
Mark & Delia Owens - Cry of the Kalihari
Irving Stone - Lust for Life (Van Gogh)
Nalini Nadkarni - Between Earth & Sky

Fallen said...

Wow, that is quite the list. Don't think I will get thru it this weekend. LOL. Maybe next week.
ALso, this is a good place to leave a message since I have to approve it before posts, I have the appility to remove any sensitive info.