Friday, March 18, 2011

Nostalgia

You know I really miss the St Patrick day gatherings we used to have at my friends Tom & Andy's. Events there were always warm and giving and I always felt part of a group or community. Everyone was always welcome. Too much good food, good beer and good company. Frequently it was a day long event. Po' boys early in the day when the cooking was going on. then on to Tom's Moms Soda bread, Irish Cheddar, Corned beef and cabbage, music, beer, fires in the fire place. Tom almost cutting his thumb off with an axe... Thinking about all that just makes me miss it even more.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot drunk Russians, pickles and vodka, burns....need I go on?

Michael Carpenter said...

Sounds like a good base for starting up some new traditions. I've allot of Irish in me veins.

Fallen said...

I will never forget any of those things. they are what made that time so special. Grigory thinking vodka fixed anything. suprise visits from russian musicians on st patricks none the less, dill pickles and vodka by the pint glass

Anonymous said...

I'm still not sure if I was supposed to drink the vodka, or put it on my arm. As I remember, I ended up doing both and forgetting it ever happened!

Fallen said...

But you remember it now. I remember him saying to "Wodka, put wodka on it" and when you drank some he said "works both ways" but wasnt that one little burn worth it? I think you were taking the Soda bread out of the oven...

Anonymous said...

That's exactly what I was doing, of course Tom and I had been working/drinking for a few hours at that point. Not sure if it was worth it or not, still have a big scar from it.

Fallen said...

Well I will remind you the Soda bread was very good along with all the other food and company... and scars, are just memories in physical form. So, from my perspective, I think it was worth it. of course I am not the one with the hideous burn... :)

Anonymous said...

Toms moms soda bread is the best!
And hey, no one said it was hideous....thanks!

Fallen said...

I was only teasing. Which, I am sure you know.

Anonymous said...

Heck no, Im seriously offended now! No soda bread recipe for you.

Anonymous said...

Woah! Just saw a commercial for Russian Standard vodka......pickles and vodka deja vu!

Fallen said...

I think I saw the same commercial...