Thursday, September 27, 2007

We've become quiet strangers

Funny, the rucus this damn thing caused.
I always thought it was nice to sing this to you.
At least I was trying to be nice...
For some reason unknown to me it bothered you.
It is a Palauan verse.
As in from Palau.
hopefully this will help it make more sense to you.
And no, I have no idea why I am telling you now.
If you would like more info you could always follow these links...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palau
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngesang


Ak umibais ra mocha tutau a btuch a obengek.
(I wander close to the early morning, the stars accompany me.)

Ngorakiruu, ea buil a medideruurt el ngara tkul a Ngesang.
(And the full moon is scurrying, to and from, on the outskirts of Ngesang.)

A chelitaki ra irechar amelkio ra renguk.
(The songs of yesterdays are speaking to my soul.)

Ma ikel omeroled a mengitak ‘I ngara medak,
(And the paths we trod are singing in my eyes.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, I have no idea why it bothered me so much. I guess I'm just that wierd.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so maybe singing is the wrong wordbut that was the original intent... and yes I know it degenerated into more of a recitation and then into something to just tease you a bit.