Friday, March 28, 2008

The golden stranger and stolen fire


I went to Madeline's Last night for dinner. The food was excellent. The Chimay Blue reminded me faintly of Port. More with the first than the second. Afterwards I wandered around to Farwest Billards for a quick game and a Bourbon Seven... From there I headed over to the Bing Crosby theatre and watched the Great Wall Youth Orchestra. It was a gorgeous concert featuring


Sheng: a type of reed mouth organ.



Pipa: a large 4 string Chinese Lute

Liuqin: A smaller four string Chinese Lute





Yueqin or Moon Guitar




Erhu: a Chinese Violin two strings and the bow passes between them.


Guzheng: a zither


The show was amazing and all in all I had a wonderful night. The purple silk organization is doing great things.

No comments: