Monday, August 20, 2007

Transclucent memories and the twisted struggle of subtle self medication

Currently debating a trip to bumbershoot 2007... 1,2 or 3 days? Platinum pass? Gas, Transport etc. The logistics may be to much for me but I guess it all boils down to, "who do I really want to see?"
Saturday possibles: The Shins, Gogol Bordello ( I love the gypsy 2 step feel), The Avett Brothers, Menomena and Yungchen Lhamo.
Sunday possibles: Kings of Leon, Andrew Bird, The Apples in stereo, Devendra Banhart and The Nick Drake words & music forum (Nicks compositions will be played, discussed, and recognized by John Wesley Harding, Ian Ball [of Gomez], Damien Jurado and others. Journalist and music historian Kurt B. Reighley will moderate.)
Monday possibles: Joss Stone, Kultur Shock, Allison Moorer and My Brightest Diamond.

That doesn't even include time for the art, the film festival or the inevitable daily trip to the "Portable Confessional Units". I haven't even decided if I am going to be able to go yet and I am sorting out day plans. Sick huh?

No comments: