Sunday, July 26, 2009

Boxwood Bonsai?

A short while ago, Mike pulled some Boxwood out of his yard and was just going to throw them out. He was kind enough to offer them to me and I figured what the heck, they have excellent trunks and if they don't make it at least I tried. They both recieved a drastic leaf pruning as well as root pruning. I guess I thought that since they were already under stress from being pulled out of the ground I may as well just go for it. So far one has browned back a little. I think to balance a smaller root ball. (I tried to prune root and leaf equally) Both have gone back into the ground. This one however has started to bud back. This means I should be able to effectively reduce the final size of the plant. I will try to post occasional updates. If I continue to have success.

No comments: