Thursday, July 23, 2009

So I decided to go spend a little time at Priest Lake in Northern Idaho...
This is a nice view of part of the Selkirk Crest while fishing with Dad.

I figured I had to stop and look at the shoe tree.

You know, every time I go to Huff Lake I ask myself the same question..
I guess I should explain myself a little better. Huff Lake is a Peat Bog. It is filled with rare plants and crazy stuff like that. "Here the earth Quakes. " See where the Peat sits on the ground via muck it is called a Hummock. Part of the lake is like this but the majority is a floating mat of Peat about a foot to a foot and half thick. This is the part that jiggles. As some of you know they have found mummies in European Peat Bogs. When I am here looking at this serene peaceful lake I just cant help but say "I wonder if anybodies in there".

No trip to Priest would be complete without a trip to Granite Falls
and yes, I did climb it.

This would be the Rosevelt Grove of Ancient Cedars.
Such a serene place to sit.
Such a beautiful place to breath.

When I am here I can feel the earth and myself vibrate.,

Do you ever just want to follow the stream just to see where it goes?

I find I like rocks. Big powerful towering rocks.

Sometimes it seems that to get to where you want, you have to carry the canoe instead of just floating down the damn river... I mean this is the short walk to lake Muskegon. Gotta carry the Canoe. Gotta try to outfish my brother. The target? Cutthroat Trout. The gear? Lures with only single barbless hooks no bait allowed.

Pristine Lake Muskegon. Worth every minute taken to get here.

At the end of a beautiful day what could be better than having a campfire? Well, only one thing. that is letting the hypnotic flames burn down to a dull glow, laying on the sand and stare at the stars, I can see the Milky Way and Mars. Listening to the sound of the waves on the beach. Smelling the smoke from the campfire. Alone in the darkness. Such a pure and beautiful night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, yep, yep, and yep.
Glad you had fun! I'm going to be offline for 3 weeks or so. I'm headed to Crater Lake and hiking the PCT back north to Cascade Locks. I leave in about an hour.
Don't tell anyone... it's a secret!

cassedilla said...

dang, I wish you'd've still been there when I was there!