Sunday, July 26, 2009

Tetanus

So, I was helping Dad and Mike clean up the wood scrap from the recent deck building experience. Since we were recycling the wood I was the in process of pulling off all the metal brackets and hangers. Suddenly, I found the feeling of a length of rusty metal entering my flesh... with all the joy, wonder and verbal eloquence that generaly follows in the footsteps with events of this nature.
Heather just happened to call and invited me for a hike. When I told her I was going to get a shot, being the smart-ass that she is, she said " Well? You don't walk with your jaw.". :)
Then I got the pleasure of sitting in the emergency room for the overpriced Tetanus shot. I got to soak my foot. Nice. No towels so I had to use a washcloth to dry it off. The Dr. that gave me the shot put the bandaid about 1/4 inch above where she actually gave me the shot... I found this rather humorous. I will spare you the photo and just say it really isn't that bad.
Afterwards, Dad took me out for dinner at a nice Chinese place.
My foot hurts, my shoulder is tender but I should live to wound myself another day. I mean if I don't do it who the hell will?

No comments: