Friday, March 23, 2007

The last time I saw Jesus I was drinkin’ bloody mary’s in the South in a bar room in New Orleans rinsin’ out the bad taste in my mouth…

so, I have been thinking about Norouz lately. Persians celebrate the new year marking the first day of spring with some variation of day based on the vernal equinox. It is a celebration that is varied greatly, deeply rooted in zoroastrianism and celebrated all over the middle east. I wish there was a local celebration so I could participate at least a little.
I guess what I am trying to get at is this, we always seem to focus on the fact that we are different from others instead of looking at how we are similar. These people are the same as us, celebrate the same things as us with variations based on traditions. We should learn to accept one another, learn to be intolerent of intolerance and learn to celebrate with one another.


Zardî-ye man az to, sorkhî-ye to az man

No comments: