Thursday, March 01, 2007

Take me to a scenic lake, I will skip your heart of stone

I suppose if you gloss over the surface of the story you could be. If you notice, I do suggest that the problems were of his own making. Was it his fault and not hers? I am not trying to devalue you or the place you have held in my life. I do agree that several someones jaded me way before I ever found you and for that I am sorry. however, I do feel that I did let you in anyway. I understand that you feel I never did. I do not think that you are my ruin regardless of some of the things that I have said. Contrary to popular opinion about your thoughts, they still matter. They always did and do regardless of what you choose to believe. You have chosen to exist outside my life. And I respect that. That doesnt mean you don't matter or that you do not have a continuing effect on me and my life, even if only indirectly. You may be remembered as my biggest failure, perhaps there is a another one coming. maybe bigger, maybe not. I honestly do not know. I do know you mean the world to me. Someday that may be gone, but for now the shine has only started to fade. So Samson? Delilah? I don't know. The only thing I do know is at some point in the past, before we hurt each other, we mattered to each other. That is what I take with me.

"Socorram-me, subi no onibus em Marrocos"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And at some point you were my world. My wish for you is that you are able to take a real hard look at our lives, and your life before me, and figure out what it is you are missing and find that in someone. I know you think I have tried to hurt you as much as possible or take everything away from you, and I wish you could believe that is not true.
Perhaps some day we will be able to sit down over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and talk as friends, not as ex lovers.
Until you can accept the change in how we have to relate to each other I really don't know that I can offer any help or explanation that you are ready or willing to hear. Nor do I know that you want any from me. I really don't quite know what it is that you want from me, or what I want from you for that matter.
But I am still curious about the comment you deleted....